IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

01.19.10

Self-realization is not a matter of withdrawal from a corrupt world or narcissistic contemplation of oneself. An individual becomes a person by enjoying the world and contributing to it. ~Francine Klagsbrun

Today I am grateful…

  • for comment moderation. Some people have nothing better to do with their small lives than to leave their sick diatribe on other’s property. Other’s think by taking time to post their business promotion it will increase revenue? I have never clicked through to someone’s business website through any comment left on a blog. So, sorry the comment moderation thing is back in effect.
  • that someone told me they thanked the Baby Jesus for my friendship with their partner. That just tickled me.
  • for all the happy pups at the dog groomer’s yesterday. From the tiniest Chihuahua to the gigantic, gray dappled Great Dane. They were so happy and not much makes me happier than seeing happy pups.
  • that happiness can be as simple or complicated as I choose. Usually I choose the simple route.
  • for my life as it is, as it was and as it will be

gratitude-rainbowspiral1

Let go of the uncontrollable in your life. You're not a solitary being in this great universe, set to struggle against all of the forces, you're part of the whole. And the changes that come-- whether they're joyous or sad, easy or difficult-- are just a part of the growing process that each of us goes through.
Feel the pain when you have a loss. Feel the joy when you triumph. Then let go and continue to grow.
See how connected you are. ~The Language of Letting Go

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Simply grateful. Simply happy.

Namaste

JeremyRT said...

Happiness IS simple & beautiful, this over complicated mind needs to hear that.
Thank you

Lou said...

I'm having a hard time staying on the spinning world today..I feel like I'm dangling. The last quote helped.

Syd said...

I think going to the dog groomers would make me smile. The dogs always make me smile.

Ed G. said...

Some fine wisdom here - hoping we can all make a contribution today.

Blessings and aloha...

S. Susan Deborah said...

Your posts always leave me beaming about the intrinsic 'me.'

Thanks.

Joy always,
Susan

Pammie said...

I love happy dogs!
I thank the baby Jesus for mine.

Mary Christine said...

I thank the baby Jesus daily for lots of things.

Garykfc said...

I am grateful to realize that I am connected to the whole thing.