IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, January 16, 2010

01.16.10

Treat people as if they were what they ought to be and you help them to become what they are capable of being. ~Goethe

Today I am grateful…

  • my actions keep reminding me of how far I still have to go
  • I have no hold on yesterday and tomorrow will never get here
  • that although I still have the disease of 'more', I have it a bit less
  • persistence and perseverance usually pay off, if I can wait a while
  • during laughter, nothing else exists

It is when you are willing to listen to yourself and be fearless that figuring out your next step becomes easy. Beneath the fear and hesitation and uncertainty lies your inner knowing that always knows which step you need to take next. If you can allow the taking of your next step to be as easy as putting one foot in front of the next, you’ll notice that your next step is always the one that is right in front of you. All you have to do is put one foot forward and on the ground. ~Daily Om

7 comments:

S. Susan Deborah said...

During laughter nothing exists - How very true!

Scott, your words never fail to light me from the within and reflect them on the outside.

Joy always,
Susan

Lou said...

Love the daily om.

Pammie said...

YES-during laughter I am free.

garden-variety drunk said...

Love the quote! one foot in front of the other...

Syd said...

Laughing is contagious. How true that it takes away all cares. Have a great day.

Mary Christine said...

Sometimes during laughter the need to urinate exists.

Scott W said...

MC, it depends!