Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back into the same box. ~Italian proverb
Today I am grateful…
- help can arrive quickly after a disaster. One hundred years ago it would have been months for a ship to reach Haiti, then return to home port. It would then take more time for the news to reach us.
- our client made it out of Haiti thanks to a local connection to mercenaries who flew her out of the country
- for Saturday game night. Raucous laughter with good friends.
- that I just keep doing my gratitude lists, some days I just don’t want to—but it is such a part of my recovery I keep going.
- to have so many, many little things that bring me incredible joy
In reaching out to others and letting them know I care, I have discovered that I am really helping myself. My carelessness disappears when I reach out to others. This does not mean that I am willing to put myself or my recovery at risk, but it does mean that I need to be willing to carry the message and I need to be willing to show others I care. Sometimes, this means offering someone a ride to a meeting or hanging out with someone after a meeting because they need to talk. Sometimes it means being willing to make a phone call and at other times it means helping someone laugh out loud. ~Wisdom for Today