If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea. ~Antoine de Saint Exupery
Today I am grateful…
- for last night’s meeting where the topic was the Twelve Steps. The first person shared their experience, strength and hope about Step One, the second person about Step Two and so on. I was lucky to share first. It was powerful. And Step Twelve ended two minutes before the scheduled closing time, right on target.
- to be often reminded of the rubble I left behind. First Step meetings do that every time.
- for the fullness of spirit I feel often. To be so emotionally accepting of the welling up of gratitude for what I have been given so freely.
- that God would and could if He were sought
- for a life so full I cannot imagine how it just keeps getting better and better—but it does
I will learn to overcome myself, because every blow to selfishness is used to shape the real, eternal, imperishable me. As I overcome myself, I gain that power which God releases in my soul. And I too will be victorious. It is not the difficulties of life that I have to conquer, so much as my own selfishness. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day