IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, January 10, 2010

01.10.10

If you’re not careful you will drown in your own expectations. ~CwG

Today I am grateful…

  • for the carefree running around afternoon yesterday with a friend
  • to have been able to be spontaneous and consider things I was not willing to consider doing before
  • to watch the opening of the tightly held, tender petals of another’s heart
  • that I could offer a solution yesterday to someone’s pain (meet me at a meeting)
  • that all in all, my life purrs

Quiet Mind, Clear Thoughts - Joe Rainbow, UK

We will want the good that is in us all, even in the worst of us, to flower and
grow. But first of all we shall want sunlight, nothing much can grow in the dark.
Meditation is our step out into the sun. ~Bill W

8 comments:

Unknown said...

I stepped out and greeted the sun this morning and acknowledged my gratitude to the earth and that which created us all then grabbed some wood and ran like a crazy person inside since it is 25 degrees outside. I'm hanging onto your flower today!

Namaste

Ed G. said...

I hope to shed some expectations and meditate in the sun today.

Thank you.

Blessings and aloha...

Anonymous said...

I had just read one of my favorite quotes, before I read your blog.

"And then the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." Anais Nin

Hope everyones day is full of sunshine and growth. Deb

Lou said...

I wish you were closer and we could occasionally do some carefree running around.

Mary Christine said...

Carefree and spontaneous... that's pretty great.

Leah of dailypiglet said...

Life purs, I like that. And the cwg bit-expectations can strangle us.

Leah of dp said...

I meant to write purrs, not purs.

Syd said...

Awesome photo. I like the spontaneity in my life these days.