Extremists think that 'communication' means agreeing with them. ~Leo Rosten
Today I am grateful…
- that I have my first piece in a show in a New York City gallery. It is a donation piece to the Postcards from the Edge,supporting Visual Aids.
- that most of my car trips are ten minutes or under
- that I strive for contentment, but there are times my mind wants to complicate the most simple of things
- that any hiding out today is relatively small compared to the elaborate isolating behaviors of my past. Many things diminish in importance when exposed to the light.
- that you will have a tremendous day because you want to
Even in sobriety, we have to guard against the impossible dreams we nourished while drinking. Again and again, we must remind ourselves that sober living is based on reality. Even reality, however, can have its miracles. I'll keep my dreams alive today, but I'll make sure that they have a good foundation in reality. ~Walk in Dry Places