IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

01.06.10

Use what talents you possess; the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best. ~Henry Van Dyke

Today I am grateful…

  • to have discovered saline nasal spray. No chemicals and it keeps my nasal membranes fresh!
  • for the extra covers I piled on the bed last night. Nothing better than sleeping in the coolness of winter with heavy bed covers, warmed underneath by the love of a Boston Bulldog.
  • for my new spectacles. I love them!
  • that today hopefully all the other drivers on the roads will be able to see my car. Yesterday they were driving as if it were a stealth car.
  • for purposeful days

japanese_cranes

In order to walk into the world of freedom, we must go through the door of abstinence. We need not fear the pains of withdrawal. Growth is often painful. Many have gone before us and report that the eventual freedom is well worth the temporary suffering. Our Higher Power will give us the strength to endure and will never push us farther than we can go. When we are tempted to give in, a prayer and a phone call can save us. ~Food for Thought

8 comments:

dAAve said...

Those same drivers ignore me every day.
Funny, eh?

Lou said...

Are those birds fighting or playing? Maybe I need new spectacles...

Syd said...

It is cool here and an extra blanket will really feel good.

Katrina said...

I'm glad yours have come in. Glasses that are correct are such a blessing! I'm waiting on new glasses after having cataract surgery. One more week before I can get a prescription for new glasses.

Unknown said...

Scott, since you like the saline stuff, have you tried a neti pot? It is like a saline bath for your sinuseseses. I found mine at Kerr Drug but you can get them at any holistic/homeopathic shop or website.

namaste

Kathy M. said...

Love the Van Dyke quote. Thanks.

Mary Christine said...

I miss your paintings.

Susan said...

Just discovered your blog. Just became a fan of your blog. My name is Susan and I am a quote a holic and an Al Anon. Thanks for all the great quotes.