To affect the quality of the day--that is the highest of the arts. ~Henry David Thoreau
Today I am grateful…
- that I see my recovery as a way to write the last chapters of my life as I want. There are some that decide they cannot make it that far and leave us early.
- I am able to see I need to be vigilant
- for a simple program that offers abundant solutions
- that every day I thank my Higher Power for keeping me sober. I was not able to do it.
- to strive to be more compassionate
Last night my home group discussed the first tradition (the first monthly meeting focuses on one tradition). It got me remembering the AA Rewards and thought I would post them again:
The 12 Rewards
- Faith instead of despair.
- Courage instead of fear.
- Hope instead of desperation.
- Peace of mind instead of confusion.
- Real friendships instead of loneliness.
- Self-respect instead of self-contempt.
- Self-confidence instead of helplessness.
- A clean conscious instead of a sense of guilt.
- The respect of others instead of their pity and contempt.
- A clean pattern of living instead of a hopeless existence.
- The love and understanding of our families instead of their doubts and fears.
- The freedom of a happy life instead of the bondage of an alcoholic obsession.