The acknowledge of your weakness is the first step in repairing your loss. ~Thomas Kempis
Today I am grateful…
- for Christmas dinner with friends that turned out lovely despite our waiter being higher than anyone I have seen in a long time. He was fascinated with the cutlery and making weird motions in the air with his hands. Ca-razy!
- that it’s a cool, crisp December day. I have work to do and am running a bit late, but sticking to commitments
- that no matter how busy life gets, I have had time every morning for me and God
- that my Higher Power walks ahead of me
- for the remembrance of yesterday, the luxury of today and the promise of tomorrow
Until we admit defeat, we will not succeed ... The biggest defeat is the one that is dealt to our illusions of self-reliance and self-sufficiency. As long as we insist on trying to control our lives by ourselves, we will be confused. It is by relinquishing control that we gain strength and are freed from our compulsion and obsession. We save our lives by giving them away. ~Food For Thought