IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, December 20, 2009

12.20.09

There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it. ~Edith Wharton

Today I am grateful…

  • that I am not living in the northeast. Being trapped by snow storms is not where I want to be
  • for laughing with friends and fellows to end the day
  • that happiness is increased when shared
  • that lately God has been giving me the words to say when I am uncertain
  • that today and every day are chances to learn

90_18_91---Christmas-candle_web

Kindle my heart's flame with thy flame, may thy light banish darkness forever ~Jyota se Jyota

Our Higher Power is the candle. And our hearts, like a mirror, reflect a warm, loving glow. But when we used alcohol and other drugs, we tired to be the candle. We wanted to have control. Many of us acted like this to hide how out of control we felt. We never thought we could be happy by admitting we were out of control. In recovery, we accept that it’s okay to be the mirror. We accept that our Higher Power is the candle that guides us. ~Keep It Simple

5 comments:

Mary Christine said...

I shall try today to be the cleanest brightest mirror I can be.

Syd said...

I find that there is always something new to learn.

Ed G. said...

I love the candle/mirror stuff. I think I need to polish a little...

Blessings and aloha...

Pammie said...

Saying Hi...cuz I want to.

leah said...

god is good.