What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail? ~Marianne Williamson
Today I am grateful…
- that while I am a great fan of gray weather it is nice to see the sun shining on this chilly December morning
- that if reality TV shows are any indication of what is real, then we are in a heap of trouble, boy
- for the incredible fare we had last night at Feast
- when our waiter announced his name, “I’m Christian, I’ll be serving you tonight”, I said loudly, “Hi, Christian!” It’s what I am used to. It’s how I roll.
- that this morning I will do my bookkeeping work at Lambda, meet with my sponsor, have lunch with another drunk then go to his home to look at his art and help him choose what and how to price it for his first gallery show
I paid my dues for membership in the program through my years of addictive using. But these are the dues only for membership. In recovery I still need to do my part and accept the responsibilities that come with working the program and following its principles. I am part of a much bigger whole, but I am still only one person. The program provides me with the principles I need to discover the life that is hidden inside of me, the life that my Higher Power wants me to live. I still have to walk the walk. I am given privileges in the program as I get more clean time under my belt. It becomes my responsibility to share in the work of the program. ~Wisdom for Today