Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness. ~Seneca
Today I am grateful…
- for fast and furious iPhone Scrabble games with three friends last night before bedtime
- for peaceful sleep and a snoring pup under the covers next to me
- for the Monday night Beginners meeting. It makes me feel joyous and uncomfortable. I am joyous to be in recovery and it makes me uncomfortable to remember what brought me there.
- for the chuckle I got when someone told me last night they wanted to see my shoe closet
- that there is no punishment, only guidance
Somewhere someone is thinking of you. Someone is calling you an angel. This person is using celestial colors to paint your image. Someone is making you into a vision so beautiful that it can only live in the mind. Someone is thinking of the way your breath escapes your lips when you are touched. How your eyes close and your jaw tightens with concentration as you give pleasure a home. These thoughts are saving a life somewhere right now. In some airless apartment on a dark, urine stained, whore lined street, someone is calling out to you silently and you are answering without even being there. So crystalline. So pure. Such life saving power when you smile. You will never know how you have cauterized my wounds. So sad that we will never touch. How it hurts me to know that I will never be able to give you everything I have. ~Henry Rollins