IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, December 5, 2009

12.05.09

Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you where there were only walls. ~Joseph Campbell

Today I am grateful…

  • for the snow day we had here in Texas yesterday. Some loved it, some bemoaned it, some drove like it was raining babies.
  • for yesterday’s meeting on service, sponsorship and the Grapevine
  • for my daily reprieve
  • that five years ago today I started publishing this blog, and for where it has taken me and for all the people I have met as a result
  • for all you that have been with me since the start of blogging and for all you that have fallen in over the years--thank you! This has enriched my sobriety in so many ways I couldn't begin to list.

Snow-Clad-Trees-thumb

 

Give something to those who are having trouble, to those whose thoughts are confused, something of your sympathy, your prayers, your time, your love, your thought, your self. Then give of your own confidence, as you have had it given to you by the grace of God. Give of yourself and of your loving sympathy. Give your best to those who need it and will accept it. Give according to need, never according to deserts. Remember that the giving of advice can never take the place of giving of your self.~Twenty-Four Hours a Day

12 comments:

Lou said...

I don't know which I like better..raining babies or roping you and calling you Doty. They both conjure images that..well.. are better left alone.

dAAve said...

Just think ... I was standing beside you when you took that picture yesterday in your backyard.

j.m.m. said...

that's hilarious -i never heard that phrase, but that accurately describes how they drive in Arizona when it rains!! Like it's raining babies.

Mary Christine said...

Congrats on 5 years of blogging. So glad you were here to welcome me and that you have hung in there. I can't imagine that I ever didn't know you - or that I met you here! Weird, huh?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on 5 years of great blogging - wow!
deb

Ed G. said...

Thank you for your faithful blog.

I almost didn't understand that picture was in Houston. Were people still wearing flip-flops in that waist-deep snow? ;-)

Blessings and aloha...

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Congrats on the 5 year blog anniv! It's a treasure, Scott!

Scott W said...

Ed, Dave was kidding. That was not in Houston.

Pammie said...

I too feel that having our blogs enriches our sobriety, yours certainly enriches mine.
I remember when we all met-kind of like on line dating but no one expected sex afterward.....well I can only speak for myself on that one.

Scott M. Frey said...

happy 5th blogging anniversary!

Tall Kay said...

I'm grateful you have continued your blogging here. It's tough to keep it up everyday. Congrats on 5 years! That's a long time! Thank you for so many reminders of the goodness in life each day.

Syd said...

I am grateful that you are here. You have a message that resonates with me and so many others.