It's the awareness, the full experience...of how you are stuck, that makes you recover. ~Frederick S. Perls
Today I am grateful…
- for late night Scrabble at Starbux
- that Bunny is having a big time playing with Belle in the cool weather this morning
- that most days I don’t have to do a lot of planning, just let it unfold
- that Doreen passed her kidney stone
- that I love to raise my hand when the group is asked if anyone is celebrating in the month of November!
Strength comes from giving it away. I remember very early in my recovery process, I told my sponsor I wanted to help others. It was as if I was on fire to give away what I was receiving. Fortunately my sponsor very quietly told me to hang onto that feeling and save it for later. He knew that this fire inside of me could easily be extinguished. I did what my sponsor told me to do. I saved it for later and continued to concentrate on myself. Some time later I was at a meeting, and a newcomer walked in. My sponsor winked at me and told me to go and welcome him. I offered the newcomer a cup of coffee and proceeded to tell him about the time when I first came to a meeting. I could see he was scared, but what surprised me was that I could see myself in his eyes. ~Wisdom for Today