We are climbing the same mountain, all of us.
Today I am grateful…
- for another powerful Beginners meeting. With a newcomer and thoughtful shares she was welcomed in a great way. Even if she doesn’t come back, we all grew a bit during that hour.
- that meetings are a way for us to celebrate our sobriety together
- that I dreamed I was to draw a portrait of Bill W. for a convention. He was there in the room, with some other long-timers.
- that I just saw a commercial for Scrabble Slam
- that sometimes sitting in the rooms makes me love everybody and sometimes it makes me want to throw things. Usually it makes me love everybody.
Our particular paths will cross the paths of many others before reaching the top, where we will find full enlightenment. And any path we cross has a special contribution to make to our own progress. We can be grateful for all intersecting paths, no matter how adverse they seem at the time. We can offer all our fellow-travelers real love, and our own trip will benefit manyfold.
We need not be ashamed of our desire for love. Nor need we feel shame that we've bargained for it. But we do need to understand that the kind of love we seek can only be gained when we quit searching for it and simply offer it to all the people in our midst. ~Each Day a New Beginning