The artist who aims at perfection in everything achieves it in nothing. ~Eugene Delacroix
Today I am grateful...
- for the purple beach ball that has been outside my door for the past three days. Something about it being there is comforting.
- that it is decidedly cooler outside this morning. 67º!
- that yesterday was a fulfilling workday
- how short the days feel anymore because they are full and satisfying and contain exactly what I need
- for the quiet stirring in my soul when I hear another alcoholic tell where they came from
In the attitude of silence the soul finds the path in a clearer light, and what is elusive and deceptive resolves itself into crystal clearness. Our life is a long and arduous quest after Truth. ~Mahatma Gandhi