IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

09.22.09

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself - and you are the easiest person to fool. ~Richard Feynman
.
Today I am grateful...
  • to listen to the rhythm of the falling rain
  • for more gifts yesterday than I can remember. Some of the ones I can remember are working with a friend to hang the art in his home, checks from the gallery, getting Snowy back from the mechanic, an autographed copy of Say Yes to Your Spirit by Fr Leo that came in the mail from a reader, a glorious black and silver S T Dupont mechanical pencil from a friend/client, a note via snail mail from an old friend, a wonderful first step Beginner's meeting, hearing about a friend's blessed day, falling asleep with a smile on my heart...
  • that Bunny got his business done before the rains came
  • that time and time again inner contact with HP seals the deal

You are always a valuable, worthwhile human being - not because somebody says so, not because you're successful, not because you make a lot of money - but because you decide to believe it and for no other reason. ~Dr. Wayne Dyer

10 comments:

Pammie said...

wow....it was really your day! It must have been your turn.

Lou said...

Presents are nice!

Tall Kay said...

This post makes me want to jump up and cheer! I don't think there is any greater gift than going to sleep with a smile on our hearts!

dAAve said...

Getting the business done. Thanks for the reminder.

Unknown said...

Because of the work I put into the 12 steps and a daily connection with my HP, I am able to share in the gifts and gratitude of others..it's almost palpable..thanks once again Scott!

Namaste

Syd said...

It sounds as if all the promises were coming true on the day. I like getting business done in a timely manner too.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Love those gifts..You're so rich in life (and art!!!) my friend..

I'm trying to get back to blogging.
Visit my official new blog anytime!

http://tabithamontgomery.blogspot.com/

brandi said...

Maybe it's due to my lack of practice but I think it's amazing that you can come up with 5 new things you're grateful for every day. You must be a pleasure to be around.

Scott M. Frey said...

"listen to the rhythym of the falling rain... telling me just what a fool I've been..."

that's a great 50's song... and fits your quote! Nice :-)

'tis good to fall asleep in the warm loving arms of HP granted gratitude!

garden-variety drunk said...

contact with my HP seals the day- i love that and it works everytime