IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, December 8, 2008

12.08.08

We need to give up the secrets that keep us from others. We need others in our lives. Our spirits need to be close to others. ~Keep It Simple
.
Today I am grateful...
  • when lurkers finally leave a comment. Hi, Jeanne.
  • that this morning will be my third attempt at seeing the ENT for a follow up. Maybe, just maybe it won't take too long.
  • that I attended the board meeting at Lambda Center yesterday and was amused at the comfortable and silly banter between the board members
  • that Belle killed another rat yesterday
  • that most days, most of the time, I am content. That is a gift without a price tag.

Those of us who live in large cities are overcome by the reflection that close by hundreds are dropping into oblivion every day. Many could recover if they had the opportunity we have enjoyed. ~Alcoholics Anonymous This was the first thing I highlighted in the Big Book when I first got sober and was reading the first 164 pages.

19 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Who is Belle?

Pammie said...

I hope that Belle is a cat, if not then I hope the "rat" is the guy that killed Mr. Buck. (sorry folks...gotta be from houston for that one)

Lou said...

Oh no, give up more secrets! Let us move forward with the honesty
and become intriguing strangers again;)

Trailboss said...

Belle is certainly earning her keep huh?

dAAve said...

That was a pretty typical board meeting.
I have never understood the "bad rap" about being on the board. I have always enjoyed it, even during the controversy.

peanut said...

Mornin' Scott. I'm a "lurker" and want to leave a message too.

The idea you started your post with, I must say, is why I am coming back to meetings more now.

Yes, it is about people, friends, family !

I saw myself cutting the best part of my life out of my life - you who mean so very much to me.

I am so thankful that I became aware of my error of heart and thought.

I love you !

Scott W said...

C, Belle is the Blue Healer rescue dog on the property. She loves her ball and loves to kill rats.

Bill said...

I'm glad that Belle doesn't love her rats & love to kill balls.

J-Online said...

Can I borrow Belle for the evening. I have a that gerbil/hamster thing roaming around my house and need some help!

Syd said...

I think that board meetings are boring. I usually call them bored meetings.

Shannon said...

roxy kills rats too... weird since that is what she was bred for hee hee
we had a business meeting that sounds similar to your board meeting lol ooh i just love us alcoholics

Scott W said...

Pam, they caught that guy that killed Mr Buck. Rat bastard.

Mary Christine said...

Hey! I met Belle. How rude of me to forget!

Scott W said...

She would be happy to forgive you if you threw the ball a few times, or a few thousand!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! Very funny! Yes, well everyday you share something that feeds my soul. Thanks....keep it coming. I appreciate YOU. ~jl

Pammie said...

Scott, my next door neighbor the cop-fingerprinted Mr. Bucks killer and called me from the station on saturday to tell me, because he knew how upset I was.

Anonymous said...

who's mr. buck? guess i'm not up on the news....

Kathy Lynne said...

lurker saying hi!

One Wink at a Time said...

How do you manage to get lurkers to come out of the closet? I've never been able to pull that off. Of course, maybe I just don't have any...