IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, December 7, 2008

12.07.08

Everyday I wake up and expect magic. Some days I'm disappointed and some days I have to look a little harder. But the day that I stop looking and expecting, I might as well just stay in bed. ~One Wink
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that some things are worth fighting for
  • that although I stayed up late last night painting and had trouble falling asleep I managed to get eight hours, sleeping way past my usual wake up time
  • that gratitude stops me from taking everything for granted
  • that my friend Bill wrote of visiting another Bill HERE
  • that even though my schedule is off this morning I am off to the Came to Believe group

True ambition is not what we thought it was. True ambition is the deep desire to live usefully and walk humbly under the grace of God. ~12 & 12

8 comments:

Bill said...

I wish you a day full of truly ambitious endeavors, Mister W.

dAAve said...

I have Come to Believe that I saw you at that meeting.

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog daily for over a year. What an inspiration it is! Thank you for reminding me about magic:)

~Peace, Jeanne Leigh

Ginnie said...

I was interested in your friend Bill's visit to the Dorset home of Bill W. I've been there but it was about 8 years ago and it looks like the meeting room has been sparked up since I was there. It was a memorable visit then, as it was for your friend now.

Mary Christine said...

Thanks for linking to such a wonderful post.

Pammie said...

how did I miss this post yesterday?
I like to imagine you sitting up painting.

One Wink at a Time said...

You quoted me on your blog, Scott. I had to look twice, I thought I was seeing things.
You made me cry.
I think I love you.

Magic!

Anonymous said...

hmm... some things are worth fighting for. it'd be nice if more people believed in this.

we have a came to believe group here, i guess there are others too :)