IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

12.09.08

Faith is the seamstress
who mends our torn belief
who sews the hem of childhood trust
and clips the threads of grief.
~Joan Walsh Anglund
.
Today I am grateful...
  • that I finally saw the ENT after two previous visits. (The first I had to leave after waiting three and a half hours without seeing the Dr, the second was last Monday when I mistakenly thought it was the day of my appointment and it was suggested I wait to see if they could work me in. I left after three hours.) Yesterday I got to see the young surgeon that restored my hearing in my left ear. We were excited to see each other and hugged. She told me she was proud I was doing so much art, that my ear looked perfect and there was no need to return unless I had problems, that she and the cute man she was with at my opening are now engaged and she is moving to practice in Toronto. She also asked to keep in touch via email and the Internet. (I would not ahve seen her at the two previous visits because of the rotation of doctors.)
  • for my restored hearing
  • that I was able to take the car in for the radiator flush and coolant replacement I had paid for before Thanksgiving but my mechanic forgot to do. Also, the driver's side window would not go all the way up as the gasket kept it from doing so. It had been addressed previously, twice, and yesterday he told me it would need to be replaced and would have to be ordered. When I picked the car up he had gotten it back in place but it has to stay that way until the part comes in. I insisted I not pay for the labor since that item should have been done at the beginning. I also had to get a new thermostat.
  • that I did not freak out when during dinner I lost a portion of my lower rear molar. I am sure it will now have to have a crown.
  • that I will manage to have the monies to cover all this unexpected expense. Every year in Nov/Dec I have something dental and something car related going on. It never fails.

If I am capable of laughing today, let me not forget those days when I cried. God reminds me that I can feel compassion to be, in the truest sense, an open channel of sobriety. ~Daily Reflections

14 comments:

dAAve said...

You haven't had to open Windows in some time. It should be relative easy to wait.

Trailboss said...

Which version of Windows won't work? You might just want to buy a new program and install it. What? What was that? Oh. It is Snowy's window. Uh, never mind.

Pammie said...

dental and car. I can see those two pairing up.
I'm very grateful that your hearing has beeen restored!

Lou said...

I don't know your ear history, but I had 3 painful ear operations & then a doctor fixed my hearing on the 4th one. Believe me, I hug that doctor every time I see him!

J-Online said...

You have interesting relationships with your docs!

Anonymous said...

Blessings To You.

Syd said...

It's like the Murphy's Law of Christmas. I'm with you on the car expense thing.

One Wink at a Time said...

I had a similar dental mishap, but with two teeth, two weeks apart. And yes, I really should make an appointment but I would rather give birth, so I put it off.
Thought I was having brake problems a week or so ago, turned out I just needed 4 new tires. That's all.
I guess I need to back-read and find out about your hearing problem. At any rate, glad that's fixed!

Anonymous said...

This is a great blog. I enjoy how you write things you are grateful for. That's a great habit.

Zanejabbers said...

I hope that tooth does not wind up biting you in the butt.

Mary Christine said...

oooh. I chipped a front tooth yesterday. Car trouble and teeth trouble are both troubling.

steveroni said...

Pam wrote "your hearing has beeen restored!"

That's what my first sponsor told me when I had answered him that my violin (after a couple months' sober)
well, it sounded TERRIBLE!

My hearing? THAT'S why I stayed sober?
Maybe so, maybe so.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad your hearing is better. i need dental work done, too. yuck. i love you.

Anonymous said...

as a lifetime sufferer of ear ailments, i know how happy you are to have that fixed up.