IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, September 11, 2008

09.11.09

When I despair, I remember that all through history the ways of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants, and murderers, and for a time they can seem invincible, but in the end they always fall. Think of it--always. ~Mahatma Gandhi
.
This day I am grateful...
  • that this morning I feel safe
  • that I live in Houston (home of the power bloggers). I really wish at this moment we weren't so close to the Gulf Coast because we have a really big hurricane headed for us. I have some options of places to ride out the storm. I can't stay here, there are too many old, large trees that could crush my little bungalow. Last time I wasn't too concerned about losing anything, but I have so much art stored here now. They are my babies and I would hate to lose them.
  • that I have turned over the outcome of the storm to my Higher Power, now it's time to start acting like I have and not take it back
  • that Houston has many shelters for the homeless, and we have a lot of people on the streets. Especially young gay, bi and transgendered youth. Prayers go out for all those without shelter.
  • that there is time to get some AA meetings in before the storm

Piece by piece, I reenter the world.

A new phase, a new body, a new voice.

Birds console me by flying, trees by growing, dogs by the warm patch they leave on the sofa.

Unknown people merely by performing their motions.

It's like a slow recovery from a sickness, this recovery of one's self. ~Tony Talbot

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for your blog and your gratitude lists. They mean a lot to me each day and I would like to add you to my blog roll if possible. Plus any person who lists Nina Hagen as a music love is a friend.
Namaste,
g

Syd said...

I hope that you and all the others will be safe from the hurricane. And that your artwork, home and trees will be spared. I don't like hurricanes at all. Be safe.

J-Online said...

I'm trying to think of a place to keep your artwork that would be safe. I don't have a lot of trees at my house if you think that would be better. If we head to Canyon Lake, I'd be happy to bring them there. Let me know. Stay safe.

Scott Crawford said...

Will keep a prayer going for you and yours in Houston. A friend and fellow member from the Land of Cleves is one of those 1,300 bus drivers parked in and around the city waiting to help. The strength of We will out.

One Drunk to Another said...

Scott, I'm grateful for you.

It's 2008, though, honey. Just sayin.

God bless you, Bunny, and your precious art. I keep blowing toward the south so maybe I can stop that hurricane from coming your way.

Scott W said...

What do you mean by 'it's 2008'?

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Thinking about all you power bloggers as Ike enters the Gulf...

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Oy... I can't remember if I left the comment here on my mobile dev ice or not before my burger was served...

But all u TX Power Bloggers are in my thoughts as Ike comes your way....

The burger was good, BTW

Anonymous said...

Yes, just keep that ATTITUDE, which you daily encourage us to retain in your posts. May God bless all those who are fearful of this storm IKE.

Kori said...

My thoughts will be with you-and keep your hands off the wheel and remember who is driving, and all will be well. A reminder for myself as well. And WTF, why are there so many homeless transgendered/homosexual youth? that is terrible-and yet sounds oh so similar. Though here we don't just kick them out of their homes, we run them out of town. Talk about making a person MAD!

Lou said...

Just stopping by. Be safe.

Zanejabbers said...

Be safe, be sane, and you are welcome at my house. I only have tyhirteen tall pine trees. Rosalie and Sam are coming here.

Mary Christine said...

Your post title says "09-11-09"

You are in my prayers. I don't know what else I can say. God Bless. XXXOOO

sojo said...

Scott my thoughts and prayers are with you and everyone in Ike's path. I wish I could whisk you and all your babies to a safe place.

Anonymous said...

i hope you and your art are safe during the storm! i love you.