IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, September 12, 2008

09.12.08

I am back in 2008. Yesterday I thought it was 2009.
.
Pray to God, but keep rowing to the shore. ~Russian Proverb
.
This day I am grateful...
  • to have slept fairly well. I am on media overload. It's hard not to watch every minute of TV coverage regarding this hurricane. I guess I keep watching hoping it will magically take a turn for the NE and bypass us. That's not gonna happen. We will be hit full force with a Category 2, winds sustained at 75-100 MPH for possibly 6-12 hours. HERE is a fascinating website that will show you more than you need to know about the hurricane. You can track it, etc.
  • that this morning I will do some light scale packing, hit the noon meeting, come back and pick up my stuff and Bunny and head for KAS's. There we will ride out the storm together with the dogs. There is the possibility that I might go to Waco if we have wide spread electrical outages that they estimate days to repair. That is a 2 1/2 hour trip north.
  • that I got some artwork out of here last night and moved it to a safer place
  • that I have learned two things in recovery that have served me well: "It will be what it will be." And "It is what it is."
  • that I will blog again when I can. If I have not been back here for a few days, check with Sister So's blog, Trailboss. Or go check in with her anyway.
  • that I am a sober man in recovery mode and see no reason to drink today, or tomorrow, or the days after that
  • that my life is better than I would have ever dared let myself imagine
Either the AA way of life becomes one of joy or I return to the darkness and despair of alcoholism. Joy comes to me when my attitude concerning God and humility turns to one of desire rather than of burden. The darkness in my life changes to radiant light when I arrive at the realization that being truthful and honest in dealing with my inventory results in my life being filled with serenity, freedom and joy. Trust in my Higher Power deepens, and the flush of gratitude spreads through my being. I am convinced that being humble is being truthful and honest in dealing with myself and God. It is then that humility is something I "really want," rather than being "something I must have." ~unknown

15 comments:

Bill said...

At least you save time (and money) by not having the liquor store on your list of storm preparations!

Syd said...

I have been watching the storm move closer. I am glad that you are leaving. Be safe.

Mary Christine said...

Blessings, you remain in my prayers,
Love,
MC

Scott W said...

If I leave, it will be after the storm has passed through and moved north. That is the direction I would be traveling so have to wait a bit afterward.

Lou said...

Hoping to hear from you soon. You are in our thoughts.

J-Online said...

Stay safe. I'm glad we will be able to get updates from your sis! Take care

Shannon said...

I am thinking of you today Scott. Please be safe and careful

Ginnie said...

Please be safe...you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Scott M. Frey said...

good plan, take care God Bless!

Pam Jarnagin said...

You're in my prayers. Stay safe!!

One Wink at a Time said...

Just said a prayer for you, Scott.

Anonymous said...

Scott W., Hopefully, ya made it though safely. Let us know (if you have power that is.) We'll EXPECT that you do.

--expecta-roni

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Hm. No Saturday post?? Thoughts and prayers...

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I trust that you and Bunny are ok.
xo

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Checking in on you on Sunday... And figuring you are w/o power after Ike but hoping your life is not unmanageable!