IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

09.10.08

Do you want to be happy or do you want to be right? ~Gerald Jampolsky
.
This day I am grateful...
  • that the foot doc said he was 'proud' of my toe
  • that I was able to chat with another alcoholic on my cell phone during the 50 minutes I had to wait to see the Dr
  • that there are some things I will never know or understand
  • to have a place where I can be silent and safe
  • for chipping away at The Great Wall of Scott, little by little
We are enrolled in a full time, informal school called, "Life." Each day of this school, we have the opportunity to learn lessons. We may like the lessons or hate them, but they are part of the curriculum. The greatest lessons we learn are about love and fear, that every action is either an expression of love, or a call for love. And the great blessing is that every lesson repeats itself until we learn it. ~Mary Manin Morrissey

15 comments:

J-Online said...

I want to be happy! I don't need to be right!

Pammie said...

Ya know, I've always told anyone who would listen-just how proud I am of Scott W.'s toes.
Some days I'm just beaming with pride.

Anonymous said...

it was great to see you this morning and give you a hug/kiss before starting the day.

Lou said...

Or in your case an opportunity to teach a lesson:)

dAAve said...

Happy or Right? hmmmmm...
I'll take both.

I too am ecstatic about your toe. It's made such progress.

Trailboss said...

I love you So!

Trailboss said...

I am still waiting for my picture of the toe, then and only then will I allow myself to be proud.

Mary Christine said...

Yay for Scott's toe!

Kori said...

Um, I don't know about your toe, since I followed you here from Carzy Patrick's blog this morning; I am a fellow AA'er, have 8-ish years, and am SO adding you into my reader. Have a great day; with any luck, you will have the chance to be both right AND happy. Ha! :)

Zanejabbers said...

The old great toe ain't what it used to be, ain't what it used to be..............
You never did answer my question about a toe truck. HEE HEE.

Anonymous said...

I WANNA BE RIGHT! Or is that 'write'?

Bill said...

Good for you, Chief Proud Toe.

Syd said...

I hope that your toe isn't too proud--the doc may have to operate and excise the nasty proudness.

Scott W said...

Y'all are so funny! Who knew a toe could garner such attention?

Anonymous said...

you are a beauty.