IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

06.19.07

Such is the paradox of A.A. regeneration: strength arising out of complete defeat and weakness, the loss of one's old life as a condition for finding a new one. ~AA Comes of Age
Today I am grateful...
  • that spending time in an un-air conditioned warehouse and running errands all over Houston yesterday left me so tired I slept like a baby
  • that today I will be back in that warehouse, albeit earlier in the day, try to make the noon meeting for a few minutes, then have a Dr appointment at 1:00
  • for the compassion that we, as a group of drunks, show those who keep coming back
  • that my occasional grumpiness cannot hold a candle to gratitude
  • for the joy in celebrating AA birthdays...especially in the Month of Dennis
  • that today I will not despair because I have a relationship with a Higher Power
With no effort on my part, I became aware that to love myself was good and right, as God had intended. My feeling set me free, where my thoughts had held me in bondage. ~Daily Reflections

6 comments:

Pam said...

As the mother of a "keep coming backer"....there are no words to express the gratitude for the compassion in our rooms towards her. That's what she needs, and that's what she gets.

LAS said...

I need to try this daily gratitude thing. It is truly amazing - it really changes my whole mood and attitude every time I read your list! Thanks!!

dAAve said...

Good luck in the warehouse. Hope you can make a meeting sometime today.

Anonymous said...

I have been exposed to gratitude attitudes for many months now...I finally came across a challenging time and realized someone something was trying to tell me, use GRATITUDE. Let me tell you it works so well, I am as well a mom of a daughter that is great with some back steps...having gratitude for who she is helps to move all of us forward...thanks sooooo much for sharing this....

Zane-nawwaa said...

Ahh, the MONTH of Dennis. How can we forget. HEHE. Judgement is always there waiting to grab our attention. Like you, most times I can avoid it. Luv you

Mary Christine said...

Gratitude gets deeply ingrained and it is a wonderful thing.