IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, December 10, 2006

6 Weird Things About Me

I have been tagged by Daily Piglet to participate in this meme. Since, I have been tagged multiples.
Here are the rules - Each player of this game starts with the “6 Weird Things about You.” People who get tagged need to write a blog entry of their own 6 weird things as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. If you'd like to participate, consider yourself tagged.
6 Weird Things About Me:
  1. Whenever/wherever possible I do things, list things, group things in odd numbers. I do not like even numbers. Odd numbers are balanced, there is always a number smack dab in the middle with equal numbers on either side. But then there are the number breakdowns such is done in numerology: 13 is an odd number, but break it down as 1 + 3 = 4 and in reality it is an even number. Notice all my posts are posted at odd minutes.
  2. My usual seat for meetings is directly in front of the poster of the 12 Steps. Starting at the end of the twelfth step and counting backwards, there are 6 groups of 3 punctuation marks, plus the hyphen in the first step. I count these, over and over. So that is 19 punctuation marks total, broken down 1 + 9 = 10 / 1 + 0 = 1. You can add the 12 periods after the step numbers and that would total 31, but then that would break down to 3 + 1 = 4 and that is not good. I have yet to get involved in the punctuation of the 12 Traditions, but it involves using random periods after the step numbers, and it is on the other side of the room.
  3. You know how driveways, where they meet the road or street, have those little curved areas that extend left and right? As a child and even into adulthood some, I had this little routine when riding in a car in which I would flex the tendons behind my knees during the width of the driveway as I passed by, then two short flexes for those little extended areas. Multiple driveways close together kept me busy flexing.
  4. I can wiggle my ears. I can cross my eyes indepentently of each other. This makes it easy to scare children.
  5. When I was about ten years old my brother and I were hitting a tennis ball in the driveway when we saw a UFO. It was silver and flat/hat shaped. I remember standing there and staring at it, then it was gone. I do not remember it moving. Then many years later, in Big Bend National Park, Randall, Dennis and I were standing on Sotol Vista waiting for the sun to set over Boquillas Canyon, and then waiting for the full moon to rise. The night was clear and dark and directly over head there were three lights in a tirangular formation. As we watched the lights, they slowly started moving away from each other. They kept moving slowly until they disappeared.
  6. As a child I asked my mother what happened if the Universe had no end, how could it just keep going? And if it did end, if it hit some big wall, then what was that wall made of and what was on the other side. She told me we weren't supposed to think about those things. I have thought about those things a lot and a lot of other unexplainable things in my life.
  7. The address of this blog, the sippiambrose part, comes from Sippi Ambrose. He was my invisible friend as a child and was from South America. He wore a sombrero, serape, burlap pants and sandals. I last saw him standing in our front yard. I use his name in my internet stuff as a way to remember all the times he kept me company.

I had to actually submit seven things, as six is an even number and as I have stated previously, I try to avoid even numbers. So, just a little insight into the way my mind works and a couple of physical things. I hope you will continue to return despite the facts as presented.

11 comments:

dAAve said...

Keep Coming Back. (3 words)

Meg Moran said...

when i notice a license plate with a certain set of numbers i feel compelled to "chant" it, sometimes for miles....

i am an accountant and do all kinds of strange ocd things with numbers...they get stuck in my head

and when I work in pencil I have to erase erase erase..sometimes have to go pray for surrender to stop YIKES!!!!!

thanks for helping me get honest

Pammie said...

Man oh Man......It feels so good to belong to a fellowship of Humans. We are a strange lot, and I find that SO COMFORTING !!!
I thought I liked you yesterday.....now I know I do.

Anonymous said...

Assignment - How many of each letter of the alphabet are in the twelve steps?

Read page 165 on a daily basis.

Daave said it best.

Mary Christine said...

So, you would find the median, while I am always finding the mean.

Gooey Munster said...

Ok something that may not be able to be explained . . . How did you make this post on Monday when it is Sunday? How'd you do that?

Awesome things about you. Thanks.

Unknown said...

Fascinating ~

I like the flexing of the back of the knees. I get it. I had some things similar when I was a kid.

I want to see you with one eye crossed. Love that!

Thanks for sharing all of these cool things about yourself.

Scott W said...

LOL SC, I started the post two days ago and today when I changed the date and time, I accidentally set it to Monday. Mysterious, huh?

Anonymous said...

hope to return? i think i love you even more :)

i'm a counter but i absolutely cannot deal with odd numbers. i can wiggle my ears too. and i love #7, that is very cool.

you very well may be related to augusten burroughs you know :)

thanks for playing scott, you are a class act my friend!

Unknown said...

Wow! I am so glad I read this today!!!
Odd bits indeed.....

I kept my punctuation odd and word counts too...

Scott W said...

AAwokwen, thanks for the 3, 5 and 3.