IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Wednesday should be spelled Wendsday

If you cannot take it any more, now is the time to turn toward higher powers which can take anything. ~Vernon Howard
Today I am grateful...
  • for days and places and times like this, where I can express my gratitude for a life of which I could have never dreamed--nothing dramatic, just a simple little life
  • for pan seared salmon with dilled tartar sauce, seasoned new potatoes and steamed fresh asparagus with hints of butter
  • that yesterday I had a chance to speak with Texas State Representative Martha Wong when she called as I was preparing to take a nap. I was able to share with her why I could not support her. I will share with you only that much and remember restraint of pen and tongue.
  • for my sobriety, recovery and serenity
  • that gratitude can muscle out fear
  • for the desire to understand
Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I choose the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. ~Robert Frost

7 comments:

Trudging said...

Wow that sounds like a good meal

dAAve said...

I don't like asparagus or Wong.

Jonathan29 said...

Martha is just plain Wong.

OMG, I'm turning into Dave.

Anonymous said...

okay, the salmon dinner sounds wonderful. I love reading your page every day. So glad I found it!

Recovery Road London said...

"If you cannot take it any more, now is the time to turn toward higher powers which can take anything." ~Vernon Howard

I reached that point this week. Thanks for posting the quote.

Shannon said...

mmm I know what I am making with my Talpia tonight mmmm

Anonymous said...

The cpt say;s the ship is sinking.He ask if anyone knows how to pray.One man steps forward and say;s I do.Good say;s the cpt.You start praying and the rest of us will start putting on life preservers.We are one short.