IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

08.16.06

God sleeps in the mineral, awakens in the plants, walks in the animals, and thinks in you. ~Sanskrit saying

Today I am grateful...
  • that the tree that dropped the large branch that missed Snowy dropped an even bigger branch that missed Snowy again, this time we weren't home. Now there are no branches from that big oak tree that hang over our driveway.
  • that today I will have help from Wade applying the paint finish to a very large metal stair railing
  • that a program of recovery is so much easier than I thought at first. At first I was terrified at a lifestyle I had no experience with...happiness.

We left the meeting, I was really angry. I said: "I'm never going to that meeting again. And I'm never sharing again!" Mick said: "Oh, you've got to share Greg.. you never know when you might tell the truth." ~from Alkiespeak

8 comments:

dAAve said...

That last quote is fuckin' great! I msut remember that.

Good news on the branch. I knew it would leave you eventually.

Sam said...

stopped by and wanted to say hello. glad your tree is sporting less wood!

take care,
sam

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Wade sounds like a gem!

Shannon said...

ahahahah I love that last quote... ahahhahahahahhahahahah
I am glad your pal snowy is ok too

Jen R. said...

Just wanted to say hi..trying to get involved in the recovery blog community and need some friends!

Scott M. Frey said...

I like the sanskrit.... funny quote at the end!

Trudging said...

Yep, the truth sneaks up on all of us sometimes.

Daily Piglet said...

Love that funny at the end!!! Very glad that no one was harmed in the falling of that branch!!!