IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, May 13, 2005

More Mysteries of Tootie

Today I am grateful...

Yesterday afternoon I took Chester for his yearly visit to the vet. He was nervous as hell but all checked out well. He is a healthy old man. Well, the blood results aren't back, but Dr Taffy Tippit was pleased with how he looked.

After getting home I was on an instant messenger chat with my old friend Face from Chicago when my landlady, Mary, called. She said I should move my car because there was a branch from the neighbors live oak tree hanging precariously over the car. I told Facial to hold on and I went out and moved the car to the front of the house. Mary and I stood there wondering when the branch broke. Was it from the huge storms Sunday? Then a breeze caught it and it swayed. As we stood there, not a minute later, the whole branch crashed to the ground! We gasped and just looked at each other. If Snowy had been there, it would have crushed the roof.



tree

Mary and I stood there, dumbfounded. Chillbumps. An upstairs neighbor opened his window to see what the noise was. It was just so surreal.

We started pulling away some of the debris to make a path so I could get back to my little cottage. The branch was healthy looking, but closer inspection showed it was riddled with disease. We were able to break off most of the branches with our bare hands. The tree belongs to the neighbor to the right of the picture. We thought the tree service would have to be called, but nature took care of that. Now we have to wait for Mary's beau, Don, to get here to gas up the old chainsaw.

It shows, once again, that Tootie works in mysterious ways.

tree after







5 comments:

dAAve said...

Add another chapter to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

Isn't it wonderful that your neighbor Mary would go out on a limb for you instead of leaving the matter unspoken. It just prooves that there are branches to our progam that we never can imagine as long as we don't bark up the wrong tree.

Anonymous said...

Might want to think about putting that comp back on your auto insurance. Although if the tree is diseased it wouldn't be covered by the neighbor's insurance. Anyway, I'm sure you wanted to hear that.

So nice of Mary to look out for that......or was that Mom seeing that limb and putting the message to Mary? Makes you wonder doesn't it.

So

Anonymous said...

Wow...sounds like the HP was watching over your car and you.
Peace - JJ

Anonymous said...

nocxe says:

Wow, cool site - followed a link and found today's entry. You articulate well - I feel like a voyeur in your diary.

Hannen said...

Gosh! HP's comments were great! Everyday I find indications that someone "upthere" is looking out for me and my friends. Did you know you were one? Was that your mailbox in the 2nd pic? Drive carefully. L.