IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

08.15.06 and advice from Smith

If you wake up today and are the same as you were yesterday, you are a backslider. ~Smith Wigglesworth

Today I am grateful...

  • that Matt's post led me to a Google search on resentments and gave me this link. 18 mentions of resentment in the Big Book.
  • that the giants Dave thought he saw at the Astros game were just people on the giant screen TV
  • for a great 10th step meeting yesterday
  • for fellowship at Luby's afterwards and for bites of Michael's (nee Carmen) lemon ice box pie
  • that friends of Bill and friends of Dorothy go to Lambda
  • for pirates that go "Arrrrrrrr!"


In me is working a power stronger than every other power. The life that is in me is a thousand times bigger than I am outside. ~Smith Wigglesworth

9 comments:

JJ said...

for pirates that go "Arrrrrrrr!"

Do tell. Are we talking Johnny Depp? Because if you are he is all mine Scott. lol.
Love you bro and see you too,
JJ

One Drunk to Another said...

I dunno JJ. I think pirates are into booty.

dAAve said...

You can't have him JJ. At least, not all the time. You gotta share.

Thanks, Smith.

Sunshine said...

Great to read you! : )

Shannon said...

LOL you all!!!
and who is smith wigglesworth????

Jonathan29 said...

I love those quotes by Wigglesworth! I still wish my name was Matt
Wigglesworth. Try putting that on a scantron.

Thank you for the Big Book quotes. I am obviously a big work in progress.

Unknown said...

Are we really talking Johnny Depp or is that just a good guess. My curiosity is peeked. ;)

Scott W said...

Actually, the pirate reference is to last Saturday's rerun of SNL where there was a pirate convention with guest speaker Peter Sarsgaard. The pirates asked him questions like, "What is your favorite fast food joint specializing in roast beef sandwiches?" The answer: AAARRRbys! All the answers had AARRRRRR in them and I thought it was hilarious.

PS, I did not like Depp's 'Pirates if the Caribean'.

Daily Piglet said...

I've heard that commercial Scott, it's cute. I am a liker of pirates :)