We don't stop playing because we get old, we get old because we stop playing. ~Herbert Spencer
Today I am grateful…
- while I strive to stay spiritually fit, I will never do it perfectly--in the striving I find everything I need
- for all I have been given and all that is on its way to me
- that daily I am shown, from inside, my Higher Power's will. I am given the power and the willingness to carry it out.
- my sober days pass fairly quickly and smoothly. My drinking days passed slowly and painfully.
- for days that end with "y"
Taken with my iPhone
The feeling of attachment, of being related, of caring about someone, is what life is all about. Before recovery, we may have feared we could not love anyone. When we feel love, we may also feel cheated because our affections aren't returned, as we want them to be. Or we may think relationships are just too complicated and painful. It's true that relationships are difficult at times. The only thing more difficult is having none. ~Touchstones