. . . no one who learns to know himself remains just what he was before. ~Thomas Mann
Today I am grateful…
- for the promise of warmer weather. This winter I cannot get used to the cold.
- for one of the best first step meetings I have ever attended yesterday. Such humor and solution.
- to watch newcomers hit milestones. I know I am being pushed ahead as I watch them.
- for my DVR and recorded episodes of RuPaul’s Drag Race
- that in all my life, I have never had as much as I have this day
Eggs by Braldt Bralds
Deep inside, we all know that we're changing. It started when we took Step One. We learned and accepted something new about ourselves. That changed us, just a little. We no longer wanted to live as addicts. That meant we had to change and to learn to live sober. It's been nonstop ever since: learn about ourselves, change a little, learn about ourselves, change a little more, and so on. All we know is that each step of learning and changing makes life better. How long can it keep getting better? As long as we keep learning to know ourselves. ~Keep It Simple