You've got to do your own growing, no matter how tall your grandfather was. ~Irish Proverb
Today I am grateful…
- that little gifts can bring huge smiles and hugs
- to be convinced I have what it takes for today
- for recovery blogs—what a great connection we have
- to be reminded of how people see me, because sometimes I have the fun house mirror reflection
- for the sharing from the heart in the Beginners meeting
Lou invited us to post a picture that makes us smile.
Sometimes I feel sad or depressed and think I'm doing something wrong. With all the work I'm doing to change my life, shouldn't I feel happy all the time?
No. Sadness is just as much a part of life as happiness. Just as all the seasons are part of nature, all my feelings are part of me. Would I awaken on a rainy day and refuse to let it rain? Would I claim that I'm going to do everything I can to stop the rain? No. When it rains, it rains. ~Hazelden Thought for the Day