Nobody can cause more needless grief than a power-driver who thinks he has got it straight from God. ~Bill W
Today I am grateful…
- the love and race from a Higher Power that fills my life, gets down into the nooks and crannies
- that I was shown the way through to the other side of my addiction
- for the loving program of AA and how a profound affect it has had on my life
- to truly not regret the past. Carrying the past is a heavy burden. Today I can use it for reference, keep my side of the street clean and have room to grow.
- for 2,274 days of alcohol free living
Spirituality involves our attitudes and perceptions as well as our prayers. Spirituality requires a realistic awareness of what we need and what we have been given. Spirituality sees beyond the problems into the solution.
Hope is a feeling that is based on a spiritual perception of life that shuns apathy and negativity. Everything can be used for good if it is perceived realistically; destructive experiences, painful moments and failed relationships can all be used to create a new tomorrow.
The hope that stems from our ability to change requires a realistic understanding of what has happened. No aspect of life should be wasted because it can point to a glorious tomorrow. ~Fr Leo