Honesty makes us comfortable rather than pained, relaxed rather than anxious, and decisive rather than confused. ~Walk in Dry Places
Today I am grateful…
- to have watched my fellowship pop up around me
- for the reduced-to-tears laughter at dinner with friends last night
- that I love Michelle Obama but her new hairdo isn’t working for me
- that I love myself and my hairdo IS working for me
- to have no valid complaints today. I could complain but it wouldn’t do any good.
- for the day ahead and whatever it holds
It's the moment that's important. Each moment holds choice. Our spirits grow through working our program moment to moment. Moments lead to days, days to years, and years to a life of honest recovery.
It will be the moments of choice that we remember. The moment we call a friend instead of being alone.
The moment we decide to go for a walk instead of arguing with our partner. The moment we decide to go to an extra meeting instead of drinking or using other drugs. The moments lead us to our Higher Power.
These moments teach us that we're human, that we need others. At these moments, we know others care about us--our joys, and our struggles.~Keep It Simple