Don't compromise yourself. You are all you've got. ~Janis Joplin
Today I am grateful…
- for the creative spirit of mankind. It’s hard to imagine what we have eked out of science in such a short time.
- to not have to drive on the clogged freeways around here. There are too many people in this world.
- for this day at my disposal. I plan to be creative, attend a meeting, take some paintings to be photographed and have dinner with old friends tonight.
- that my Higher Power is more generous, more inventive and more sustaining than I ever imagined
- that, baby, you’ve got what it takes!
One of recovery's greatest gifts is discovering we can make decisions that represent us, our inner selves, and those decisions please us. We all are familiar with the tiny tug of shame that locates itself in our solar plexus. When we "go along," when we "give in" on a personally important issue, we pay a consequence. We lose a bit of ourselves. Over the years we've lost many bits. ~Each Day a New Beginning