IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Sunday, January 24, 2010

01.24.10

Don't try, don't force, don't make it happen. Let. Let it happen. ~Melody Beattie

Today I am grateful…

  • that things change over time. Many to my amazement. This morning I was really enjoying listening to a Timbaland album. I never thought…
  • for all the files in my brain just waiting to be pulled up and opened
  • for a trip to Galveston last night to see a friend’s art show, seafood dinner, laughter and fabulous 80s music remixes
  • for all the things I have left at my Higher Power’s feet over the years
  • a well polished tool kit gets me through tough spots

05-3393wp 

Norman V. Peale wrote that "God runs a beauty parlor," meaning that plain people with gracious thoughts tend to become more attractive as years wear on. We need not fear our own thoughts and feelings if we are continuing to work the program.  As the sober years stretch out, we will be improving our thoughts and feelings, and this will tell others what the program is doing for us and through us. ~Walk in Dry Places

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Norman V. Peale is near and dear to my heart. I clung to many of his pamphlets and books as a teen in trouble. I think he was the first person I ever *felt* had that peace I needed, only I didn't know the word to describe it back then.

Have an incredible Sunday1

namaste

dAAve said...

Now THAT is a fine picture!

I'm glad Galveston treated you well. You're such the artiste.

Syd said...

Scott, I think I am feeling better as I age. My insides have affected my outward appearance too. There are more smile lines now!

Pammie said...

Happy Sunday morning darlin'

garden-variety drunk said...

thanks for your post today. i love the picture! and the quote

Mary Christine said...

Oh, how I wish I were in Galveston instead of North Platte, Nebraska!