What is defeat?...Nothing but the first step to something better. ~Wendell Phillips
Today I am grateful…
- yesterday all was well in my life but my mind was really convinced I needed to be fearful and angry. The mind didn’t win yesterday.
- so much of life is mysterious and I don’t have to know all the working pieces, but I dreamed I was in a wheel chair because my left leg was bothering me. I woke with my left hip, knee and ankle achy.
- that my life isn’t a Jackie Chan movie
- to strive to follow the advise, "Don't let others rent space in your head" it's a hard one for me, often
- I don't get lonely, my anger subsides fairly quickly, if I get tired I nap and my hunger only comes from watching my food intake
I just know that you are expected, at some point, to do more than carry the message of A.A. to other alcoholics. In A.A. we aim not only for sobriety--we try again to become citizens of the world that we rejected, and of the world that once rejected us. This is the ultimate demonstration toward which Twelfth Step work is the first but not the final step. ~Bill W