When we lie to ourselves, we cannot tell the truth to others. ~Today’s Gift
Today I am grateful…
- that the eye doctor told me yesterday I had a beautiful macula lutea and a beautiful optic nerve. Of course I thanked her.
- that I get excited when I can share my E, S and H
- that I don’t get bent that others have lots of money to spend on stuff. I was in Nordstrom’s yesterday exchanging a shirt given to me for Christmas from a client. She has lots of money. There were people all around spending lots of money on clothes. I can look pretty snappy on not much money spent on clothes. I managed to get two shirts and a gift card for the exchange!
- that I love me some alcoholics
- for the adventure (see below)
The spirit of adventure settles over us slowly sometimes. In the beginning, when those old winds of change blow, we turn our backs, fight, and resist. We just want things to stay the same. Gradually we let go of the need to control. We allow things to change and us to change with them.
We accept the change.
Then we round the corner and find a wonderful lesson there, and then another, and another. Soon we find ourselves looking forward to taking the next step, anxious to see what lies in front of us today.Where will my path lead? Who will I meet? What will I learn? What wonderful lesson is taking place right now?
And the adventure begins to consume us. ~More Language of Letting Go