Life is not lost by dying; life is lost by minute, day by day, in all the thousands, small, uncaring ways.~Stephen V. Benet
Today I am grateful…
- that yesterday was my seventh consecutive sober Thanksgiving
- that I did not overeat, but was pleasantly filled
- that Round Up started with a bang with the funniest old queen from Hollywood. He talked about being given Tarytons cigarettes, that they were the first ‘tailor mades’ he had had in a long time. Taryton had a slogan, spoken by someone with a fake black eye “I’d rather fight than switch.”
- that I took service positions early in sobriety
- that today holds wonderful blessings and I am present to enjoy them
We each have different levels of freedom. What I think of as a box might be unthinkable freedom for you today. In the future, when you look back at your life, you may be amazed at the levels of freedom into which you have naturally grown. Perhaps you are looking around today at the freedom of others in awe and envy. "I could never do that," you might say.
Yes, you can.
And you might.
Feel those wings on your back? They're there. And they're growing each day-- whether you're flying yet or not. ~More Language of Letting Go