Self is the only prison that can ever bind the soul. ~Henry Van Dyke
Today I am grateful...
- for the freedoms in sobriety, that I can be spontaneous and carefree occasionally
- that God throws us together with others in recovery that offer such great life lessons
- for art events in endless amounts. There is so much out there.
- to be blessed with another sober Saturday. No longer do I wait until 11 a.m. for the liquor store to open so I can make the awfulness go away.
- for those who have led the way and assured me all would be okay if I did the work
Calvin: Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?
Hobbes: I'm not sure that man needs the help.