IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, September 18, 2008

09.18.08

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. ~Winston Churchill
.
This day I am grateful...
  • to know that the anxiety of being uprooted from my home, Bunny's social anxiety and the general stress will pass. The eye twitch I have developed is directly related to stress, something I do not do well.
  • that I have made some gestures that I normally wouldn't, but I am being watchful of those
  • that I am constantly calling upon gratitude to steady me
  • that today I am right where my Higher Power has directed me to be
  • for 'slow and steady she goes'
Our whole treasured philosophy of self-sufficiency had to be cast aside. This had not been done with old-fashioned willpower; it was instead a matter of developing the willingness to accept these new facts of living. We neither ran nor fought. But accept we did. And then we were free. ~Best of the Grapevine

10 comments:

Syd said...

Yep, stress in these times sneaks up. I'm finding that I have to be especially vigilant with my feelings and watch my level of irritability.

Kori said...

Your gratitude lists are quickly becoming as useable to me as my morning meditations from Hazelden that come in my email. Thanks, more than you know.

Pammie said...

I think the stress is starting to manifest itself in all of us right about now. I'm grateful to have what I have and be who I am.

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

Have you ever tried acupuncture for your anxiety/stress Scott?
I have and I believe it helped.

xo

J-Online said...

I admire your strength, courage, honesty, and direction. Stress is hard to deal with, and understandably you've been through a lot but your gratitude still shines through. You're a wonderful example to us all!

Recovery Road London said...

Lol at your 'rcok hardness'!

An eye twitch in early recovery got me laid. Don't knock it!"

I hope you and Bunny don't stress too much.

Ginnie said...

You have more than your share to be stressful about right now. These are the times that I wouldn't be able to handle without the program to sustain me...hope it is for you too.

dAAve said...

Stress?
Palm Springs?

Bill said...

Slow and steady wins the race.

If you don't believe it, just watch one of those old Bugs Bunny cartoons about the tortoise & the hare. Cecil always wins.

Unknown said...

I love what Bill said about Slow and Steady wins the race...I find that just closing my eyes for a moment helps me...and I want to deeply thank you for your gratitude lists, each morning at work, I read them! thank you!
GLoveMoonlight