IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

09.16.08

Sit loosely in the saddle of life. ~Robert Louis Stevenson
.
This day I am grateful...
  • that life is slowly returning to some normalcy. Last night we found a Vietnamese restaurant open, the weather was cool so we sat on the patio and watched cute boys, ate some delicious food and had cash to pay. There was no electricity, but they cooked with gas! Then to have a lovely, air conditioned apartment to myself, watched a Lifetime movie about Coco Chanel (I know, how gay, right?) and slept in one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in in a long time. Now I am at Lambda Center, catching up, writing checks for the plumber who is here working. The lounge has turned into an Internet cafe, people are playing games out side the door to the office and SOBRIETY ROCKS! I usually don't say such phrases, but I think that says it all.
  • that the city is getting electricity back quickly, there are 19 PODs (points of delivery) with supplies from FEMA. There are long lines for gasoline, but it's available.
  • that Dave will be able to make his flight for the Palm Springs Round Up tomorrow
  • that I think Bunny needs doggy Prozac. Seriously, he suffers from extreme separation anxiety. Even if he doesn't know someone, if they are in his vicinity he freaks out when they leave.

Let us take a break, sit by the river, and watch the current quietly flow. Let's just think, for a moment, about where the current is going, the shores it will brush on its way, the clouds reflected on its surface, the animals that come to drink from it, the bobbers it gently nudges downstream.

Our lives sometimes seem like the river, wandering to the west, the south, back toward the east, seemingly without direction at all. Yet we can take comfort in this thought for, like the river, we are always headed in the direction we are meant to go. Without trying, without knowing, we are part of the larger pattern of things, and we nourish many others just by passing through their lives. ~Today's Gift

11 comments:

Syd said...

I'm glad that things are returning to some type of normalcy. You sound good. Gratitude for small things is a big deal.

Laura said...

Me too...so glad that there are some things to take hold of in the midst of unplanned changes.

Lou said...

Funny about the bed. I always miss my "most comfortable in the world"
bed when not at home.

Trailboss said...

I am pleased to learn that some things are slowly getting back to some kind of normalcy. It is amazing to see just how widespread this storm was. From Africa to Canada.....WOW

Tabitha.Montgomery said...

I've sure missed your sweet simplicity I find in your blog Scott..yeah..you are so gay but that's another quality I love about you just being you.
As for poor Bunny...geesh...get the puppy his meds!

PS.I've also linked your art blog on my blog and want everyone to see your work...I am a fan..!!!!!

Pammie said...

So great to talk with you today!
Centerpoint truck came by...sorry he was not interested in the goods.

Rae said...

I'm glad you and your family are safe. Thanks for posting.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Glad to hear everything is coming back on line....

Anonymous said...

Yeah, like the river, our lives are headed for whatever is around the next bend. And we just keep rollin' along...and if something lay in our path, we either go OVER it, UNDER it, or AROUND it, and keep rollin' along.

We may learn a lot from a river.

Mary Christine said...

I am so glad you have the fellowship.

Anonymous said...

i wish to see a movie about coco chanel too. i've gotten behind and am catching up, i'm just glad you are ok.

finding vietnamese food in the middle of this crisis, cooking with gas, all awesome insights and experiences.