IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, April 12, 2008

04.12.08

My drinking had so isolated me that it was as if I was in a cave. And my family, over the years, and my wife in particular, had stood outside that cave asking me to come out, and I couldn't find my way out. Finally Ebby showed up outside the cave, and after being captive in a similar cave, he entered mine - he knew the way - and he took me by the hand and led me out. One cave-dweller helping another. And I knew that's what I wanted to do; I wanted to help other people like myself. ~Bill W.
Today I am grateful...
  • that my friend Maude, who has been gone a year, came to visit me in my dreams last night
  • that I have an agenda today...bookkeeping at Lambda, a visit to a gallery to see an opening, nap, a staying sober/preventing relapse workshop, fellowship dinner and an anniversary speaker meeting (the last three items are in celebration of Lambda Center's 30th Anniversary)
  • that I may not have a Coca Cola, but I do have the joy the bluebird brings
. . . where alcohol has been involved, we have been strangely insane. ~Alcoholics Anonymous, p. 38
Alcoholism required me to drink, whether I wanted to or not. Insanity dominated my life and was the essence of my disease. It robbed me of the freedom of choice over drinking and, therefore, robbed me of all other choices. When I drank, I was unable to make effective choices in any part of my life and life became unmanageable. ~Daily Reflections

5 comments:

Trailboss said...

Really nice to hear that Maude visited you. I know you miss her. Such a great gal.

Zanejabbers said...

I love dream visits. I truly believe in them.

Stephanie Lee said...

Hi Uncle So. Love you.

Pammie said...

I hope you had a fabulous day at Lambda today!!

Anonymous said...

It is great to have an agenda now. I was bored a lot during the drinking times.

Now I don't have enough time - have a good weekend.