IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, March 31, 2008

03.31.08

Many people believe that humility is the opposite of pride, when, in fact, it is a point of equilibrium. The opposite of pride is actual lack of self-esteem. A humble person is totally different from a person who cannot recognize and appreciate himself as part of this worlds marvels.--Rabino Nilton Bonder

Today I am grateful...
  • that last Friday was my 31st anniversary of arriving in Texas. I was greeted with an ounce of Mexican Domestic, a large bottle of Tanqueray and two large flying cockroaches--having just arrived via Greyhound bus
  • that Houston has been my home for a long time. I had my astrocartography chart done once and all my planets align right over Houston, so I guess I am where I am supposed to be
  • for a day and a night yesterday to myself
  • that So remembered Marvin Zindler today on her blog

So it is that we first see humility as a necessity. But this is the barest beginning. To get completely away from our aversion to the idea of being humble, to gain a vision of humility as the avenue to true freedom of the human spirit, to be willing to work for humility as something to be desired for itself, takes most of us a long, long time. A whole lifetime geared to self-centeredness cannot be set in reverse all at once. Rebellion dogs our every step at first. ~pg 53. 12 & 12

8 comments:

Mary Christine said...

Humility is a tricky thing. I think it is a gift from God given to the willing.

dAAve said...

Eyewitness News will never be the same.

Marion Morton said...

Hello there, I have been lurking on your blog for awhile now, I think its really excellent. I would love it if you would read mine.

http://lookbehindtheclouds.blogspot.com/

Syd said...

If I could let go of my ego, I would not have so much pain. I am willing to work towards humility.

Zanejabbers said...

Greayhound Bus? Now that is commitment. I'm glad you were here when I moved back.

Pammie said...

I am proud to have let you in Texas...I am the keeper of the enrollment process ya know.
Funny though...you seem like a natural ol' Texan.

Anonymous said...

yeah Houston!

Bill said...

If you can find humility in Texas, you can find it anywhere. Even Virginia.