IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, March 29, 2008

03.29.08

"Sticking with the winners" does not mean we should shun people who are having difficulty with the program. It does mean we should avoid accepting ideas and ways of living that do not lead to sobriety. ~Walk in Dry Places
Today I am grateful...
  • that I can, and often do, use restraint of tongue and pen
  • that I have the opportunity to use restraint more than I do
  • that I have an honest day ahead of me
  • that I had a most delightful dream about the most delightful fellow
  • that I have the ability to do my part toward peace and understanding, I just need to get my perceived self out of the way
Honesty gets us sober, tolerance keeps us sober. ~Bill W.
Do you wish to be great? Then begin by being. Do you desire to construct a vast and lofty fabric? Think first about the foundations of humility. The higher your structure is to be, the deeper must be its foundation.--St. Augustine

4 comments:

sojo said...

I am findng that my "perceived self" is my greatest enemy.

Scott Crawford said...

Got the hugest payback today from just being there. A young Dr. fresh out of rehab, seeing the hope in his eyes and hearing the gratitude in his voice.

Humbles me. Reminds me of all I have to be grateful for today. How much I have to give away.

Zanejabbers said...

Love the "sticking with the winners" quote.

Scott M. Frey said...

there's so much satisfaction in typing out a strongly worded e-mail in response to something I don't like, reading it and deleting it :-) restraint of keyboard & mouse is good as well!