IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Saturday, March 22, 2008

03.22.08

For an alcoholic, drinking alcohol is like dancing with a gorilla; you're only finished dancing when the gorilla says so. ~Tom W
Today I am grateful...
  • for the jam packed noon meeting yesterday, topic: acceptance
  • for lunch with a group that included two people who have not been able to stay sober, on with precarious health and seems really ready, the other--a mother of two--in whom I can see a drastic change. The beauty of seeing others make it is delightful!
  • that this morning I am meeting my sponsor, doing bookkeeping, meeting a client at their high rise under construction and selling a piece of art. It's all in a sober morning's work.
  • to look forward to what the rest of the day brings

You cannot have a spiritual need which God cannot supply. Your fundamental need is a spiritual need, the need of power to lead the good life. The best spiritual supply is received by you when you want it to pass on to other people. You get it largely by giving it away. God gives you strength as you pass it on to another person. That strength means increased health; increased health means more good work, and more good work means more people helped. And so it goes on, a constant supply to meet all spiritual needs. ~Twenty-Four Hours a Day

6 comments:

Bill said...

I love the Tom W. quotation. Good analogy, at least for me.
It sounds like you have a great day mapped out!
I'm still moving slowly because of the foot injury, but it is much better today.

sojo said...

I love Tom W and his gorilla metaphor.

In a meeting this week I watched a newish girl get the heart-swell when she passed the message on to a brand-newcomer. It was a beautiful thing to see.

dAAve said...

Hi.

Zanejabbers said...

And the gorilla kept stepping on my toes.

Anonymous said...

it was really nice to see the noon meeting jam packed on friday, i agree.

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Believe me when I say: "Happy Easter, Bunny!"

And to Scott, too!