IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day

Courage is the commitment to do what you know is right. Courage arises when your integrity will not allow any other choice. ~Ralph Marston
Today I am grateful...
  • to look at gratitude every day and see how it frames my entire life
  • for this sober Friday that only comes around every four years
  • that it's also Go Texan day and I don't have to participate
  • that AA gives life on an even playing field
  • that I am not usually known for being overly dramatic
  • that God opens doors, it’s up to me to walk through them

Integrity is achieved through the accomplishment of three things:

  1. through the gaining of increased self-knowledge which happens with time and spiritual maturation;
  2. through gaining the permission to be oneself as a result of an increase in self-love;
  3. and through acquiring the capacity to live in the fullness of our being as a result of knowledge, self-love, and the overcoming of fear.

7 comments:

Syd said...

I like the idea of being myself. But the self I am has changed over time. I used to be much more judgemental. Now it's hardly on my radar screen.

dAAve said...

I grew up celebrating Go Texan day, from the age of 4. It was a really big deal in the 60's and 70's but has diminished since (it seems).
I have an extra cowboy hat if you need to borrow it.

Bill said...

How does Bunny celebrate Leap Day?

Anonymous said...

Look forward to reading your gratitude post in the next leap year :)

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Go Texan Day? Whaaa?

Pammie said...

I have participated in MANY Go Texan days, I've slept in Memorial Park on a Trail Ride, ridden thru down town in the parade and sang for 12 years straight at the Chili Cook Off (which is tonite). I am so glad that I no longer have to participate!!!
However....yahoo GO TEXAN DAY

Anonymous said...

i hate go texan day because of all the shit in the streets.