IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Thursday, July 19, 2007

07.19.07

It's not hurrying but steady effort that finally brings achievement. We've had entirely too much hurry and impatience. What we really need is confident, persistent effort in the right direction. We should be especially reminded of hits when we see anxious, impatient people speeding through traffic only to be forced to wait at traffic lights, risking life and limb to save a few seconds. A good steady pace is what we need, and it will win the game. ~Walk in Dry Places
Today I am grateful...
  • for the sounds of Bunny crunching his food and lapping his water
  • for the source of all my experience, the source of all my hope and the source of all my strength
  • that David S loved his commission piece (see previous post)
  • that the days of wanting to disappear are gone
  • to have what I need, so freely given

That which we abhor, that which we fear, that which we wish to conquer seems suddenly to be gone when we decide to resist no more - to tackle it no more. The realities of life come to us in mysterious ways. We fight so hard, only to learn that what we need will never be ours until the struggle is forsaken. Surrender brings enlightenment. ~Each Day a New Beginning

5 comments:

Pammie said...

oh I'm so glad that david was happy with his piece. I think "not wanting to disappear"..is so universal for those of us in recovery. I used to try to make myself invisable...in an attempt to stop causing pain to those who loved me. hee hee-I can visualize bunny eating.

Most of Martha Woodroof in one place said...

Just wanted to say this is a nice post to read while I'm taking a break in a busy day.

peanut said...

Dear Scott,

I love your list today. Thank you for the share about "struggle."

That is exactly what I have been doing for a couple of weeks. It has brought me nothing but further struggle, unhappy consequences and disappointing harder struggles.

I think I will just let go and let God today. It has always worked in the past.

Why do I keep forgetting that?

thank YOU

lushgurl said...

I'm breathing, I'm leeting go of control, I'm hearing Bunny eating and drinking!
Hey Scott, come by and re-sign my book please, I dunno what happened to you, you're MIA!!!

Mary Christine said...

I'm grateful for you Mr. Scott.