IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

05.22.07

Showing up is 80 percent of life.---Woody Allen
Today I am grateful...
  • that most of the time I am content with things just as they are
  • that the discontented times have gotten much shorter and are easier to rise out of
  • that my HP has shown me how to be grateful
  • for an increasing level of confidence
  • that today will be filled with work and a Dr's appointment
  • that my Higher Power gave me the same chance to stay sober as millions of others have tried
  • that I was able to grab sobriety by the neck and not let go
The only insurmountable obstacles are the ones you create in your own mind—and these can only exert power over you if you let them. Uncertainty will always be a part of your existence, but perseverance and mindfulness will never fail to see you through to the other side of hardship where joy can thrive. Try and remember that no matter what life places at your feet, there is absolutely no situation that cannot be resolved with time, love, and friendship. ~Daily Om

9 comments:

dAAve said...

Thank you for showing up.

Anonymous said...

80%, huh? that's a lot. i'm trying to show up for job applications right now.

ArahMan7 said...

I try to show up at least 100% to your Altitude of Gratitude.

Meg Moran said...

don't ever let go,,,,

Zanejabbers said...

Love the daily Om. It is so right on.

Mary Christine said...

I am grateful for your daily posts.

Mary Christine said...

Scott, I just posted a new topic at Sobriety Society...

Pammie said...

I really agree with your first and last point. And especially with Daave on this one.

Anonymous said...

You and your HP make a GREAt team :)