IF THE ONLY PRAYER YOU SAID IN YOUR LIFE WAS "THANK YOU", THAT WOULD SUFFICE. ~Meister Eckhart

Monday, May 21, 2007

05.21.07

When I remember my gratitude list, it's very hard to conclude that God is picking on me. ~Daily Reflections
Today I am grateful...
  • for a full and fulfilling weekend
  • for lunch with old co-workers where we chatted about the past work place. That was a place where I experienced feelings of success and learned a tremendous amount about myself.
  • for the satisfaction of finishing a painting
  • that someone described me as a very positive person. That was not the case before I got sober.
  • that Bunny is eager to start his walk, but is willing to wait until my prayers are finished
I will be positive in my outlook, expecting every effort to be effective and successful. If disappointment comes ... I will take it in stride, knowing that it's only a temporary detour in my successful life. ~Walk in Dry Places

10 comments:

dAAve said...

does Bunny really have a choice as to when his walk starts?

Pammie said...

yes, you are a positive person. I called the doctor and I have a 3:00 appointment today. I love having a program that helps me do the "next thing in front of me".
I used to just sit frozen until whatever dam I had my finger in..burst.

lushgurl said...

I always feel uplifted after reading you! Thanks for being!
love ya Scott

One Drunk to Another said...

Grateful to be reading your blog, Scott.

Suzanne

piglet said...

can i say ditto on your list? seriously:
"for the satisfaction of finishing a painting"

"and learned a tremendous amount about myself."

you seem positive to me even tho i've not ever met you. but i can also tell you have that cute sinister side too :)

Shannon said...

i really want that book
i am sure you and bunny had a nice walk

Trudging said...

Wow! All my life, I thought that God was picking on me but, I guess I was wrong. Wow, that is powefful, thank you

ArahMan7 said...

Thank you for sharing and being positive about it.

Meg Moran said...

Bunny is eager because dog's say their prayers on THEIR walks.....

Mary Christine said...

Isn't it amazing to realize that your description is who you had always hoped to be?